for Citrus Sour Cream or Mayonnaise
27 g Lime Zest (approximately 20 lg. limes)
3 g Lemon Zest (approximately 1 lg. lemon or 2 sm.)
38 g Garlic; peeled
10 g Kosher Salt
8 g Thai Chillies (green preferred; and do not use stem)
1 pint Sour Cream, or 1 gallon of mayonnaise
1. With a microplane, zest the limes and lemon(s) into a bowl.
2. With same microplane, grate garlic and Thai Chillies into bowl with zest.
3. Add the kosher salt and combine.
4. On a cutting board, use a knife to paste the ingredients together as fine as possible. It is your goal to chop the mixture up until the Thai Chili seeds aren’t recognizable and the first flavor you taste is lime, then spice, then garlic and salt.
*You can try to use a food processor or small grinder preferably if you want to avoid using a knife, as this process is time consuming and tedious, but quite worth it!
5. Combine this mixture with the sour cream or mayonnaise, to taste. If you like it more citrusy add more.